~Review~ Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles

Published December 23rd 2008 
Taken from -Goodreads-


-----Alex is a bad boy and he knows it. So when he makes a bet with his friends to lure Brittany into his life, he thinks nothing of it. But soon Alex realizes Brittany is a real person with real problems, and suddenly the bet he made in arrogance turns into something much more.

In a passionate story about looking beneath the surface, Simone Elkeles breaks through the stereotypes and barriers that threaten to keep Brittany and Alex apart.-----




—-He touched me as if I were made of glass. He kissed me as if he’d savor it for the rest of his life—-

I’ve got to admit I instantly got addicted to the book, since the very beginning.
You know I don’t like to give away anything from the books I review and this seriously is one I really don’t want to spoil for you guys.
Complete mesmerizing and real writing, with really good characters and plot.
Although I’ve got to admit, being latin, knowing a bit about mexicans myself and the way they talk it was a total turn down when I read certain spanish words when the mood called for beautiful and the words in spanish didn’t deliver…I know it’s supposed to be about real life and hard life as a mexican trying to live in the US while being on bad steps AND date the girl of his dreams but there are seriously some words that I really didn’t like nor did I thought fit most of the scenes they were in.
But on with my feelings through it—
Absolutely loved it. Enjoyed it. And savoured it. It left me with a good taste on my mouth, a person writing stories from latinos really can expect a great respect from me, because seriously? we’re so weird on our ways you don’t know if it’d be right to call us cute or just run away…( we rock latinos don’t we?)
Anyways, (again) still trying to find a book that doesn’t make me cry, but sorry guys this book didn’t make the list.
Beautiful characters, every single one of them now share space in my heart and mind. From Alex to Brit, and Paco to Paco(ending is awesome) I loved all the commotion and the struggles Elkeles puts her characters through…gangs aren’t nice nor easy; either getting into or out off…believe me I’d know my country has tought me enough on it. 
But again, skin color, eye color, hair color, where you live, where you come from, where you eat, what you eat, who do you live with, who you hang out with, who you talk to, who you ignore, who you’re afraid of, with who you’d be willing to break the rules, for whom you’d be willing to believe, who would you die for, who would you open up your entire self to??????
This and so much more doesn’t compare to what trully loving someone, giving yourself completely over, and trusting that someone means. 
Brit and Alex’s love story will sure stay with you long after finishing this book!
And again, do not trust what simply lays on the surface because what’s deep down and inside might surprise your eyes and heart out of you in a beat.
4.5/5 (again some spanish words just didn’t work for me, therefore ruined good scenes from the book)

Comments

  1. Thanks for the great review! I might be one of the only people in the world who haven't read this novel but it sounds like a great read. I'll have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol you're welcome and don't worry...I was one of those just a few days ago...but it really is good and I've read mostly good reviews about it, but hadn't seen anything related to the spanish just that some didn't understand anything of it so I thought it'd be good to point that out to my spanish-speaking followers!
    thanks for commenting^-^

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I looove comments guys, LOOOONG awesome fun comments ;)
BUT don't ever be mean, disrespectful with neither authors, me, or each other ;)
That said...I do appreciate awards but I don't have the time to answer and do what I have to do to accept and pass on said award but THANK YOU SO MUCH for thinking of me that means TONS