-review- Scorched Skies by Samantha Young

~When Blue Skies Are Scorched Are They Still the Same Skies?~

I mean, seriously? Is there anything more I have to add to that taken-from-the-book->sentence/question/ above to make you understand and to just express how AMAZING and HEARTBREAKING and DOWNTOTHEPOINT this book is?
Samantha, once again. You blew my mind away not just with the tittle of the book, which let me tell you IS INSIDE THE BOOK AND DOES REPRESENT the story, as presented above, and all those who know me know that THAT fact is just PERFECTION to me, but is also the perfect tittle for this book!
Oh, boy. Where to start? Where to start? Maybe with Charlie? Or Jai? Or Ari? Or why not, the Red King?

This book broke my heart so many times, made my breath caught so many times...My brain was all over the place trying to make my mind catch up with all the facts and heartbreaks and betrayals and truths and lies and sentences~not the writing kind~ and deaths...yes people...DEATHS *-*, while also trying to make my heart mourn, laugh, cry, smile, gasp, cry again, drool~yes, there was a lot of drooling in this book~ tear up, scream, yell, laugh again, and cry and cry either of happiness or rage don't ask me because by now...I'm too far gone to be precise with my answer.

~"...I didn't react. I didn't react because by then I was kind of numb to you hurting me."~

Ari finds herself once again in the face of not just ONE enemy but two or more...and she's tired, tired of being on the run, of trying to be and feel good enough, of being hunted; she wants to stop running, she wants to stop trying and, she wants to HUNT. She's not in a good place, she feels more alone than ever, even when she finds herself surrounded by more people 'helping and willing to protect her'.

~"Dance with me properly or I'm going to kick you in the nuts."~

Jai isn't in a good place either, he wants to prove to his father that he can be professional when duty calls but he also feels...too drawn and too weak while being near Ari. So...he has to choose...between what he thinks he needs and what he truly needs. And as if trouble with his family isn't enough, it appears that someone is aiming for him and not in the crush-way...but literally...aiming ~bulls eye~. 

~"Terrifyingly lovely isn't she..."~

Charlie is as broken as ever. Even more so now that his feelings are in the open. But, apparently he is stronger than he thinks he is. He has~find for yourslef~and he wants to use it even knowing the consequences and the downside of it.

~"You're such a girl."
"Well my bra certainly thinks so."~

Let me just have some words about The Red King, I have ZERO-NONE-NADA-CERO-ZIP idea if he is: a liar, a good king, a bad king, a good person, a bad person, a good uncle, a bad uncle OR if: he is one of the good guys, he is one of the bad guys, does he even FEEL or is it all acting? OMG! Samantha really has me guessing and guessing even after almost a week of having read the book, I just want to pick it up once again and see if I missed any hints that might have an answer to my never-ending questions.
And I don't even want to start on my new favorite NEW character...lol nope, I'm not telling you who that is~muahahaha~


I know there are tons of things I left out while writing the review and forgive me for it, but there are just so many things going on and I loved each and every single one of them. And I'd love to continue on and on but this review is long enough already so just read the books and see, I promise you won't regret it!

~I'd stop my heart to give yours the beat.~

So, concluding. 
I'm lost. 
WHO is the BAD guy? 
WHO is the GOOD guy? 
Is Charlie going to be okay? Jai & Ari? 
And OMG! BEWARE of surprises...I literally had my mouth open for more than a minute when I discovered certain TRUTHS about certain DREAMS...my jaw still hurts.
Of Course...How in the world is this going to have a good and happy solving? My brain is so frayed right now of trying to come up with ANY answer to all the problems and tasks to solve ahead is not eve funny!

~Can you hunt a hunter?~

I mean it when I say. Samantha Young you've become one of my favorite writers, not only for your too-good-to-be-true book tittles and book chapters and characters but for your amazing story. This is the second book of yours I've read and I'm just here sitting and asking myself...HOW IN THE WORLD O_O WHAT? WHEN? THIS? NO? YES? MY HEART? MY BRAIN? NO! That was just too amazing a read and I CANNOT wait to read the third book in the series. My heart goes out to Ari whom I loved even more in this book.

I give this book
10special-fotitos(special rating for over-the-top-I'll-never-get-over-this book) =
I cried for things I didn't know possible I was capable of.

Once Again
--> T__T It seems to me that I have book angels *-* 
and one of them is you *___* 
Rachel @Fiktshun ~speechless~ I think a simple thank you isn't enough,  but will have to do for now. AGAIN, one day...I just know... <3

Comments