-BookPics 2012 Top 20 + 2 Reads-


WOAH there...

20? Really Alba... couldn't you even pretend you could make a short list?
Nooo... This missy had to go ALL the way to the 2 + 0 number... -don't add that...math's not the point :D-

But you see... I tried making the list all sorts of different and I MIGHT do that anyway... Dividing them into the ones that made me cry... made me laugh... Making a MOODY 2012 READS but these ones...
These ones were reads that... stuck with me...

I don't think I'll ever be able to get over them... Maybe with time and some therapy in between it could be done.
But while we wait... Let's take a look at the books I picked... struggled to choose... Lost sleep over kind of thing... Argh... Don't ramble don't ramble.

Oh, I almost forgot. I did TONS of rereading this past year but I won't put those on the list... I mean... There IS a reason why I rerereread them. Right?

Okay, let's see how we do this :D

20.
Lover Avenged by J.R. Ward
[With quotes like this one, "You keep showing up here? Being who you are?" There was a pause. "I'm going to fall in love with you." I'm pretty sure everyone will agree! This book... oh god.]

19.
The Last Echo by Kimberly Derting
As I said in my sort-of-review on Goodreads I think this was Kim at her very best!!
I cannot wait for what she'll make me feel with the last Body Finder-sniff-book!
Also, the cover X_X

18.
Speechless by Hannah Harrington
I literally read this book the last week of 2012. I won it on a blog and well, my curiosity got the best of me... I had first been approved for a galley on NG but I never really got to read it... But then the printed copy came and I just... WOW! It's one of the best books of the genre-contemporary-and I would definitely recommend it if you want to read a bullying-kind of themed book but told from the POV of the one doing the deed... It was amazing, fantastic... And... I loved the writing.
Cover obsession worthy:D

17.
Lover Awakened by J.R. Ward
I cannot believe it's been a year only!! I thought I read it like a lifetime ago! Sure feels like it.
I BAWLED with this book... And I have to admit I was wary because everyone seems to love the main character of this book SOO MUCH and I got my expectations REALLY high, but then of course came the one spoiled apple and BOOM I read a tinny comment about it... argh... It was awful...
But when I actually read it O_O PERFECTION!! I wanted to have this book to myself and not let ANYONE in the world EVER read it again hehe. Yeap... selfish me. 

16.
Mine To Hold by Shayla Black
I've been a fan of Shayla's since FOREVER. And when I found out her next book on the Wicked Lovers series was coming out I just... MY HEART!
Her writing is just THAT easy to spot! I could identify it wherever I see it, whenever and to whoever wants to know!
This book made me melt to the floor too many times to be considered normal-not that a human melting to the floor is considered normal, at least not here.-and I, god, I wish I had more words to describe how amazing and hot this book was. Any adult genre reader should at least read one Shayla Black book in their lives.

15.
Scorched Skies by Samantha Young
I found out about Samantha's books thanks to my fave blogger, Fiktshun, and once you start, let me tell you, you will never be able to stop... The authors' talent is instantly palpable... Her writing argh... She's one of the few fantasy authors that actually manages to transport me to all the places where her books take place... Plus... every single chapter has its very own tittle... And they never EVER disappoint.
I actually loved this sequel much more than the first book. Jai -swoons-

14.
Matched by Ally Condie
If it were for me... I'd be reading and reading this book nonstop.
The writing of this author is simply exquisite! I'm completely in love not only with her characters -because trust me... the male main character here is*_*- but her talent. She made me feel every single word that she wrote in this book. The covers are perfect for the story and argh... I could go on and on and on you guys!
Trust me though, if you haven't read this book. What are you waiting for?

13.
Hushed by Kelley York
This tittle is also another one I found out about, along with the author, at Fiktshun. When I read how much she... um... idk how to say it.
Anyway. I just HAD to have it. I went to amazon, bought the kindle copy and devoured it in hours.
I was never EVER the same person EVER again... My life... Everything was turned upside-down because of this book... The sick part? I don't regret it.
It's as creepy as it gets and amazingly beautiful as well.

12.
Lament by Maggie Stiefvater
There's always an author who you admire the most, whose EVERY book you've GOT to have. Who you would die if you were to meet her/him.
Well, ladies and gentlemen. Maggie Stiefvater is that author for me.
*_* I'm addicted to her writing. She's so incredibly talented I don't even think she's human.
So, when I finally got the chance to read one of her first books... I died... And then had a party because as always, Maggie delivered a beautiful yet creepy tale :D

11.
Dark Lover by J.R. Ward
First book in the Black Dagger Brotherhood series... If it weren't for this book... That series wouldn't even exist... Meeting the brothers for the first time can be a BIT-overstatement of the year- overwhelming...
But trust me... It is SOOO worth it.
-Dabs at drool while trying to look cool.-

10.
Silver by Talia Vance
I don't think it is possible to put into words just how much I loved this book.
I thank the heavens and, of course, Netgalley... If it weren't for them I wouldn't have read this book and get the chance to 'meet' -more like stalk but let's just keep to the meeting part, it sounds better- Talia Vance on twitter, got to stalk her, got to embarrass myself constantly while reading the book...
Oh boy... The book itself is TOO amazing for its own good!! The story is dark yet romantic... Tragic but beautiful... I enjoyed every second of it! Cannot wait for Gold!!!! <- The sequel.

9.
The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater
As I said before. Maggie is my ultimate favorite author... And if I could tell you EVERYTHING I did to get a signed copy of this book you would be scared of me so let's just get to the part in which the book made the top 10!
At the beginning I was wary, I didn't know what to expect [If you are just meeting me and my blog I have to clarify why, I'm not much of a book description reader. More of a cover lover and Fiktshun-summary reader :D]
So, I read... kept reading... and then BOOM I get the Stiefvater effect, meaning, the gorgeousness appears and I remember once again why I don't believe that she is, in fact, a human being.
This story is like no other I've ever read... I was instantly entranced! Read it!

8.
Ashen Winter by Mike Mullin
One might say I'm biased because a character was named after me... And she's a cutie ;) And she's awesome and... But nope... I am not adding this book here because of that... Only :D
This book scared the socks off of me, my eyes bawled, my tear-ducts went dry several times and I was left breathless from too much gasping and hyperventilating.
This is the sequel to Ashfall, one of my BEST READS of 2011.
Mike is an amazing writer!!
The world he depicts isn't so hard to imagine and it still is the one series that keep me thinking... What If???

7.
Lover Reborn by J.R. Ward
Good boy turned bad boy that then breaks down, keeps to himself, is better off alone, wants to know NOTHING about love, lost the one person who could ever own his heart...
But then... Not.
This book owns its tittle to the max.
This lover WAS definitely REBORN.
Plus, it IS J.R. Ward you guys!

6.
The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
This was the last last last book I read in 2012.
Don't look at me like that -_- I'm international therefore... My chances of getting new releases are close to nonexistent.
But hey, this book is so unique it's not even funny.
The good part? The author writes incredibly! She managed to get me creeped out, all blushing, bawling, sniffing, drooling, gasping, closing my eyes, scared, going OHMYCLOUDSSHEDIDN'TSHEDIDN'T and then got me to curse, which I don't do... Ever.
X_X This book has got everything for everyone... If you are a reader, no matter the genre you like... THIS BOOK IS FOR YOU.
Oh god... Seriously... This is... WOW.

5.
Crossed by Ally Condie
If I loved Matched, I obsessed over this one.
It was simply the perfect sequel. I couldn't get enough of it. Once again the author's writing was simply amazing AND it even gave me goose pumps >_<
I still can imagine the scenery, the characters, their personalities... like I read the book just yesterday.
I really cannot wait to get Reached :D So sad it's only a trilogy :(

4.
A Touch Morbid by Leah Clifford
If you, dear reader, are a masochist when it comes to books... Well, you've just discovered the one and only... Leah Clifford's ATM series...
I don't know how she does it, WHAT she does, or when... I just know this.
I.MUST.READ.ATM3. I mean... WHO NAMES their book A Touch MORBID?
It's a book like no other... Where darkness is all that's left... And not even love seems to shine...
Oh, trust me, there IS love... But it's also a dark one... One that'll break your heart into pieces and then stomp on it for good measure just to be sure you're done for good... And even then... You'd come back for more. I know it.
I know I did. I know I cannot, for the life of me, get enough of Leah's books... And when you get to the end of this sequel to A touch Mortal, you'll thank me or hate me. Either way, I'd consider my job well done.
Take a peek->
-"My little black hole," he said, leaning his head nearer to her.
"Pulling me in."-

3.
Before I Wake by Rachel Vincent
You know what's better than having a copy of Before I Wake, book #6 on the Soul Screamers series?
Know what? Seriously don't know?
Let me enlighten you then...
Having TWO copies!! O_O
This book has so much twists and turns... So much fierceness and aggressiveness that it should definitely be illegal.
Just when I thought I could breath normally again. Rachel Vincent comes in and does this to me... to us...
Argh, I felt feelings I didn't even a human could feel!
Enough said...
Take a peek->
-"The world lost something when you died..."

Now...
For number 2 and 1 respectively...
-We have a little... 'situation' here-

1 + 1 = 1 Right? [Also applying the NOT MATH in here.]
Getting to the first place is TOO hard... And after a long battle with my heart and mind we all came to the conclusion that... It is NOT possible to choose a favorite between these 2 next books...
They both changed my life forever... Be it from a TOO gorgeous writing and AMAZING story developing or from crying too hard I couldn't even open my eyes the next day... to laughing so hard every single person within a 5 mile radius of me thought I had -finally- lost it...
I cannot fathom even thinking about BEST of 2012 without these 2 books toping the list!!
So...
Without further ado...
I present you
My 2, yes 2, TOP 2 FAVORITE READS of 2012
-In no importance of order whatsoever.-

Easy by Tammara Webber

When I look at this book, remember its content...
I can't help but smile...
Tammara Webber at her very best... Speaking up for all those who didn't, all those whose voice was too low to be heard or for those who did speak up but were ignored.

Love IS the greatest weapon of all...
Letting go isn't forgetting... And... you're not alone. Never ever alone.
Take a peek-> [Note that I won't share my favorite quote because I would like you to find it out by yourselves. ^_^ ]

-My lips were sensitive and tingly. Touching them brought rushes of gooey memories-his hands, and what they'd done in concert with his mouth-the crazy-making kisses, and the few words he'd spoken.-



Everneath by Brodi Ashton

The cover is perfection, the tittle is in and on the book...
The characters are real, the story is real, I lived every second of it.

I wanted to crawl into the book... wanted to be in the book... Shake some sense into someone... Kiss some others, steal a few... And in between all??
Flow in the authors' writing...
It literally flowed, it was perfect... From one scene to the other, from one torturous thought to another, from one memory to another... From a happy moment to a sad one...
It came out wonderful, it came out beautiful, it came out sad in the most beautiful way...
And, as I said in my review,
This book is the happiest saddest book I've ever read in my entire life! Said as a proper Brodi Ashton fan!
Take a peek->

-Strange that I'd recovered my laughter long before my tears.-

Oh god... My feelings!!!
But there you have it! My top 20 favorite reads of 2012!
I cannot wait for the ones to come this year!!
But wait!!!
Where are my + 2??


Special mentions.

-I couldn't NOT add this book to the special list. While it might not have made it to the official top 20 it holds a HUGE and GREAT deal to my heart because not only it is a beautiful story and has jaw-dropping gorgeousness all over it... But also... Because I'm mentioned in the Acknowledgments. And THAT my fellow readers was HEAVEN to me.
Sam... I shall thank YOU for writing as good as you do and for not ignoring my constant stalking :D

*On Dublin Street by Samantha Young*







-Also, the other special mention is... For the one book that managed to make me struggle the LONGEST to write a review for... One I still don't know if I love as much as I hate or the other way around... The book everyone seemed to have read EONS before me and when I finally read it... I though I should have waited a little longer...
The book that made me want to be Erudite-because reading IS sexy-and Abnegation-because well where would the world be without them?-and Dauntless-because we gotta LIVE sometimes. Right?-and Candor & Amity-so I could come with the complete package.- But above all else... Made me want to be...
A Divergent... YES!
I said it... I added the book and I shall not touch this part of the post now because I might get too tempted to erase it away...

*Divergent by Veronica Roth*

Okay, I promise I'm done now!!!

My top 20+2 books that made 2012 one of the BEST reading years of all!!!

Did you guys make a list? Do you remember what was your favorite book the past year?
Do share :D

Until next time!! :D

Comments

  1. I still haven't read Everneath, I was going to listen to it but the player it was on wasn't playing so I couldn't listen to it. I will one day though finally get to it! It is so hard choosing favorites, I really hate doing it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True!! BUT you HAVE to read Everneath!! Trust me!

      Delete
  2. Out of your 20, I've read 3... Speechless(Completely agree with you!), Matched (Also agree, that book was the last book I read in 2012 and it was so freakin' fantastic! I'm struggling with my review for it lol), and Divergent. Omg this book was so amazingly awesome, topped with awesomesauce! haha I REALLY need to read a lot of what's on your list. LOL I feel so behind in the reading times ;)

    Great post Alba!! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? Speechless really left me just like that :D
      Matched made me fall in love.
      Divergent is... 50-50 for me... hehehe
      I'M behind, not you hehehe.

      Thanks!

      Delete
  3. Wow! 20 plus two list! I like it! Honestly, I couldn't do this without it turning into some type of Hunger Games match between the book in my head (they'd all be fighting for a spot in the top twenty) And I'm so glad to see that you're also a fan of Maggie Stiefvater! I love her writing, too, and I had loved and read Lament a little while ago. Go get Ballad soon! And Divergent. :) Ahh, yet another great book :)
    Cheers!

    Millie @ Millie D's Words

    And here's my top ten picks if you're curious :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a HUGE fan of Maggie... she's just so O_O

      Lol :D The Hunger Games huh? :D

      I have Ballad I just have to find the time to read it :D

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. JR WARD !!! FOR THE WIN! lol Yes.. any and all of those books!!
    Also YAY for Ashen Winter! I LOVED it so much!
    And Unbecoming... oooh Mara...
    Lastly.. Divergent...

    ALL THE FEELS! Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahaha
      FTW indeed!! :D
      Ashen Winter fun huh? Loveeed that book!! Cannot wait for the third one.
      Mara... O_____O

      Divergent is... weird for me... IDK if I loved it or hated it...

      Thanks :D

      Delete
  5. GREAT LIST! Just added a few more of your book pics to my TBR! Thanks for the awesome post:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!!!
      Thanks for stopping by and glad to help that never-ending list grow a bit more!

      Delete

Post a Comment

I looove comments guys, LOOOONG awesome fun comments ;)
BUT don't ever be mean, disrespectful with neither authors, me, or each other ;)
That said...I do appreciate awards but I don't have the time to answer and do what I have to do to accept and pass on said award but THANK YOU SO MUCH for thinking of me that means TONS