-Review- Finale by Becca Fitzpatrick

Goodreads Shortie:
Will love conquer all?

Nora and Patch thought their troubles were behind them. Hank is gone and they should be able to put his ugly vendetta to rest. But in Hank's absence, Nora has become the unwitting head of the Nephilim and must finish what Hank began. Which ultimately means destroying the fallen angels - destroying Patch.

Nora will never let that happen, so she and Patch make a plan: lead everyone to believe they have broken up, and work the system from the inside.
*****

My Thoughts?

As if Crescendo wasn't enough of a tearjerker for me... Silence came to ruin the happy ending and my giddy feelings... and then of COURSE things had to end like THAT on Silence so we could have the freaking roller-coaster that this book is.

-Patch placed his hand in mine, gripping it tightly. "Quite the opposite, Blythe. Your daughter means everything to me. Completely and wholly. I love her---it's as simple as that."-

There is no other way to describe it!!
It's a roller-coaster!! I was all over the place. I wanted to slap!! YES!! Slap some sense into Nora while others I wanted to Kiss Scott so hard his lips would bruise<- SUE ME -_-
And of course, there were others that I wanted to kidnap Patch just so I could have him all by myself, not that I didn't do it but it would be bad to admit to that and even worse if I still hadn't released him but that's a story for... Never, never actually, because of all the lies...

Lies you guys, I think, was the thing in which this whole book revolved around. There were so many lies, so many half-truths that you had to stop a second and wonder if there ever was truth there in the first place...

-Vee tapped her chin contemplatively. "I knew Patch was way too hard-core to be human."-

The game was well played, meaning the plot. While it developed somewhat slow I wouldn't have had it any other way. Dante ¬__________¬

Patch was, as always, simply perfect though I have to say that we see less of him in this book than we have in the previous books.

I also love how incredible Nora's development not only as a character but the growth she has a girl/person. She grows up incredibly, sure she makes this HORRIBLE and completely NOT NECESSARY mistakes that I could have lived without through the whole book... But who cares?! Specially now that my heart has been broken multiple times by the same author using no other weapons than words and her characters.

-I sniffled, wiping my nose on the back of my hand. "I'm scared, Vee. So very scared."-

Vee was Vee and I loved every single scene in which I could get a glimpse of her awesome and hilarious personality, seriously, this girl can make a whole war feel like it's just a bear hug.

Scenery. Absolutely believable.

I really don't know what else to add to this. I'm pretty sure I reached another stage of sadness at some point due to some really really -to me- unnecessary um... Lets just say, situations that could have been prevented.

Poor Vee :(
Again, wish I could have a friend just like Vee. She's still one of my all-time favorite BFF/sidekick, call it what you want, characters in the whole YA genre. I need a Vee in my life :)

-"My hand," --- said, low. "My hand is---"-
My weaknesses!!
Book cover... I think it represents quite a bit what the whole book is about and the tittle? While it isn't exactly in the book I still think the story lives up to it perfectly.

I am saddened to say goodbye to one of the series that I started reading before I became a blogger, to Patch that is my ultimate favorite fallen angel, to Nora, one of the strongest and bravest female main characters I've ever read, to Vee that made me believe that true friendships still exists somewhere out there... To every single character that made this whole saga possible. I'm sad to say goodbye. But oh so very very happy and lucky to have met you.

I can assure you I'll be rereading this series for as long as I live ;)

I give this book


10special-fotitos(special rating for over-the-top-I'll-never-get-over-this book) =

I cried for things I didn't know possible I was capable of.

*****
*****

Goodreads - Amazon - Book Depository

And just because I can... I'll leave you with yet another fave passage of mine ;)

-There was another worrisome thought scratching at the back of my mind. How long could Patch and I live a lie... and not let it become the truth?-

Comments