-Review & A Story- Fallen Too Far by Abbi Glines

Goodreads shrotie:
She is only nineteen.

She is his new stepfather's daughter...

Goodreads
Amazon
Book Depository

The Story


Well, it's been some time since I read this book but I'll try to just say a couple of things,

First, the cover completely completely threw me off, as in I thought the book was going to be more about a girl and her life troubles and her overcoming life and obstacles and maybe even some unfortunate life/death experience and everything. At least that's what I thought just looking at the cover and since it is no news that I love amazing, shocking, attractive and well, beautiful book covers… I was all too happy to start reading the book.

Then came the hype… The hype for this book X_X I had wanted to get it after I read the author's fantasy books but somehow all this fandom suddenly came out of nowhere and I had to put on hold my reading of the series in case some intelligent fan thought to spoil me the stories (it soooo did happen) and now I finally gave in…

How and When did I gave in?
My younger sister… She was crying historically after reading the last book in the spinoff of this series… She came barreling down my bedroom door calling out, and I quote, "She KILLED HIM!! SHE FREAKING KILLED HIM!!! I HATE HER!!! OH MY GOD!!! OH MY GOD!!! --sobs sobs sobs sobs sobs--- "I hate hate HATE Abbi Freaking Glines!!!!" -sobs sobs sobs sobs- "If you're freaking friends with her on Facebook or if she even replies to your tweets would you let her know she has ruined me and my life?! I won't EVER EVER NEVER in my LIFE read a book by her EVER EVER again!!"

To all this, I had just sat calmly on my bead trying not to double over with laughter, since this was NOT the first time my sister lost it over a book I decided to wait it you… Of COURSE I HAD to say something…

"Hey, Kat (my sis' name) but you haven't even finished reading the book!! How do you know he's really dead?"

My sis: Stops dead, not even a tear shed… "You're right, but… I can't, I think I know that she killed him so… I KNOW… You know, I have this feeling I'm going to hate her for the rest of my life… I LOVEEEEED LOOOOVEDDD HIM!! Him!! He was perfect and she…" Right here she loses it again and starts sobbing even harder… Seriously people, I have videos to prove this…

Anyway… I convinced her to continue reading it in case she was wrong… She quieted down and I was left as alone as I was going to get with her in my room… To read some more…

Then…

My sis: "WHATT!!!!!! WHAT!!!!!!!! NOOOOOO NOOOO F*CK NO!!!! NOOOOO!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOO SHE KILLED HIM!!! I TOLD YOU!! I TOLD YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If I hadn't begged for this iPad so bad it'd be broken from all the times I'd have thrown it against the wall by now!! JESUS!!! LOOK!! LOOK!!!!" -breaks down again and again and again-

In the end she just skipped every page until the end of the book to see if the character was indeed dead… Apparently the character was…

She told me not to read Never Too Far if I didn't want to be left all broken and sad…

My Thoughts?


Of course this made me want to read the book right there and then… So I did, I asked to borrow her copy, which meant her lending me her iPad… I killed two birds with one shot… I got to save the poor iPad and I got to finally FINALLY, read the books by this author that I was already a fan of…

Suffice it to say, I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I instantly connected with the characters, all of them. It usually takes me sometime to get to connect with the male characters but no Abbi Glines character, no sir.
Her writing was simple and to the point, no over thinking or overdoing anything.
And I appreciated it and instead of making for a simple and trivial plot and over story it made me stay hooked right till the end and then I was left wanting, no, begging for the next one.

I loved Rush, I loved his personality, his strength to stay true to himself no matter what and his loyalty towards all the people he holds dear and close to his heart.

And Blaire, Blaire was just her, made me weep so many times I lost count (and without the help of someone dying) made me cheer her on with her determined attitude to make the most of what little she had.

She had courage, she had tons of love but she had also a lot of sadness in her and it all made for one hell of a ride.

I guess I won't get that much into anything else other than…

I dived right into the sequel so that's a story for another time, meaning another review.

But I loved the book, I loved the twists and turns of the plot and I loved most of all the fact that love got to be such a strong character all on its own so I was doomed from the start.

A story about reality and love… Real love… And the strength that comes from deep within.

I loved everything!

"I will do anything. Anything, Blaire, just to be near you. I can't think about anything else. I can't focus on anything…"

I give this book,
5= Clouds In The Heavens READ IT!



Comments