-Review- Alice in Zombieland by Gena Showalter

Goodreads shortie:
She won’t rest until she’s sent every walking corpse back to its grave. Forever.

 Should ----a word of anguish rather than consolation.

Well there goes my aversion to reading books about zombies.

I’ve got to admit that while I might have read a bit of zombies here and there on some books I’ve never really read a book with a story based completely on zombies and I’m so glad this book was the turning point for me.

Alice in Zombieland is like nothing I’ve ever read before. I’ve never even read the original book in which this one was based on so I was all clear and fresh to give this book a go.

I don’t even know where to start.

-"Don't worry. You're part of my world now. I'll teach you how to survive it."-

The great characters that made this book what it is? The incredibly gorgeous Cole? The traumatizing story plot? The intriguing bunny cloud? The gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous cover? The twists and turns that made the book that much more awesome? The writing style the author possesses?

I guess I just told you in simple questions everything that I loved about this book!

But there is just one thing that I, as I always have been and am to this day, have to admit was my favorite thing in the whole book,
The BEST friend. The sidekick. The awesomeness of true friendship!
Seriously? How do authors these days manage to write such complex yet funny and light “secondary” characters is beyond me.

Kat has got to be my ultimate favorite bookish BFF! Right along with Frosty… Frosty and Kat made this story that much more entertaining. Not that the zombies weren’t great because they were and not in the “oh-look-that’s-a-zombie-lets-run-for-our-lives” but in “what-the-fudge-run-RUN-NOOO-Wait-Let-Us-Fight-Them!-I-Will-Not-Let-Them-Win-FLAMESCOMETOME!!!” kind of way ;)
But Kat and Frosty just had this way about them.

For me their story was amazing, simple, and yet completely mysterious.

What is it exactly with these 2 characters? I loved them so freaking much is exhausting!

And well, then we have Cole and Ali (I refuse to call her Alice) which are just simply a hot combination of brave, courageous, stubborn and sexy.

-The idea of a safe place really intrigued me. At the moment, I had so much acid churning in my stomach I needed to throw up before I became completely toxic. Or maybe that would make me into a new superhero, like Peter Parker and the radioactive spider. Only I'd be Vomit Girl, capable of grossing everyone out.-

They’re a nuclear bomb full of chemistry just waiting to explode and I can’t wait to take a look at all the carnage it’ll leave on it’s wake!

All in all a story that had me guessing at a lot of turns, sighing at a lot of “visions,” crying at a lot of deaths and silently screaming at the zombies always chanting in my mind “do not let the dark and vile thoughts get to you.”

I cannot wait to get my hands on the sequel! I still can’t believe I took this long to pick this book up! But oh! How I regret it! I need the second book as I need food and coffee!

Give it to me NOW!!! NOW!! Or I’ll go all Ali on you! I promise!

My weaknesses?
While I love the cover I don't think it represents what goes on in the story so no points for it there.
But the tittle was simply perfect!

I give this book,

5fotitos=~Sobs hard~Too good to be true!



And I'll share with you guys one of my fave passages ;) Though I won't tell you who's talking or with whom that person is talking.

-"Fine, I'll follow your orders." Anything for answers. "Just as long as you realize that every time you issue one, I'm beating you up in my mind."

"Realized," he said, thrums of amusement suddenly evident. "But please refrain from mind-punching my pretty face. I like it just how it is."-

Comments