So, I've been thinking.
If you love, like, and can travel and are a booklover just like most of us, how do you pick which books are coming on the trip with you and which aren't. (Remember we're talking printed editions here since I know eBook readers are kind of on demand right now I still like to take with me one or 6 hehehe depending on the period of time I'm going to be away from home. Anyway, PRINTED books people ^_^ )
I'm a stinker for rereads. If there is one thing that keeps me from reading new books is the fact that I can't get over my book hangovers... Specially if it's a book that's the last in a series or if it's a standalone book or idk, I have tons of reasons why I read and read the same book over and over again and never get tired of it.
So, if I love rereading books, how in the world am I expected to pick books to take with me for a long period of time away from home?
Simple, I don't take them. Out of all the books that are close to my heart and that if you were to see them you'd actually be able to tell how loved they've been... Well, I'm terrified of losing them or of them getting even more damaged than they already are, I'm even afraid of me forgetting them somewhere in the airport, I only ONLY pick ONE. Because I imagine all kinds of weird scenarios so I, always, have a hard time choosing which reread I'll take with me on a trip.
Then comes the even harder part.
How many printed books to take and which ones?
Of course if I ask my sisters they'd tell me to take any as long as I haven't read them. Huh, easy for them to say.
Me? I think, if I take this contemporary I might burst into tears in this 6 hour-long flight and that's a no for me, specially since I love the window seat and I'd have to be asking the one person sitting next to me to let me go through so that I can go to the restroom. So that's a no.
If it's a first in a series... What if I love it so much and I just HAVE to HAVE the one that comes afterwards? (We're talking series that have 2 or more published books already and which I own.) I'd give in and buy another copy even if I already have a copy back home...
That's another no for me.
See where I'm going here?
It's TORTURE for me to decide which books I'm taking with me and which will have to stay home.
Add to that the fact that the plan, this time, was for me to be here until December and you have me all over the place.
1. I'm not staying until December (long story involving a college sucking big time.)
2. I brought 6 books with me in the end and 3 of them I'd already read although 1 of those 3 I seriously need to reread because I can't, for the love of me, remember what happens in the story.
3. 3 of the 6 are from the same series.
4. Of course I brought my kindle app and ibooks. You're kidding me right?!
5. I couldn't read ANYTHING while in the plane.
6. I haven't completed reading ANY of the books I brought.
7. I got 5 more books from a friend while in LA.
8. I got 2 more books from an author.
9. I bought books while in LA.
10. I've got too many books now for me to be able to take them with me in my bags T___T WHAT TO DO!
(Shipping is TOO expensive!!)
What about you guys?!
How do you decide which books to take with you when you're going on a trip be it a long distance-international trip or a short one...
Are you always carrying books around with you? If so, how many?
Any tips on how to pick books to take with you while traveling internationally? hehehehe (remember I'm still talking about printed books.)
I'm curious! :D