New Year, New BookPics

(Sorry I didn't check the grammar much on this post-I was just too excited to finally feel inspired and happy enough to post again on the blog.)

Sorry sorry I haven't posted in forever. I've sucked as a blogger. Life hasn't been good nor bad. But I just wasn't feeling it T_T
Anyway. Here it goes...



Does "too late" exist?

This morning I was going through emails, instagram, facebook, pictures... And I found out I want to learn something... something I never thought I'd want to learn.
And I've started looking for places to learn it...
I'm scared though, always always scared. As I've always been whenever I try something new, especially after failing time and time again.
Am I too old to change my dreams? My goals?

Seriously, I know I just have to pray and be stronger than before. Be who I am without apology. Stop trying to please everyone and start pleasing me and be true to myself.
I'm not who I am just because, God let me be. Why can't anyone else?

Few people have stuck with me throughout my life and even fewer know me anymore.

My love for books and authors haven't changed.

But somehow last year, I lost track, lost sight of my goals, my dreams but the most sad of them all. I lost myself.

You have to understand how hard it's been for me to figure out what I want. And the only thing I've been able to come up with is with what I DON'T want.

I'm too insecure, too shy, too quiet, too nervous, too reserved... I overthink things too much.
I'm filled full with absolute fear.

And yet, I've done a lot of stuff that have helped me, bit by bit, get rid of that fear.

Traveling has been one of the best things that have happened to me.
It happened a lot last year and I'm all ready and set for this year to start that way.

I want to be useful. And at 24 without a real job of my own and no studies whatsoever there's no way in the world I am able to feel useful.
I've only ever worked at my dad's company, I don't know what being an employee is like and am completely terrified of go apply for a job even if it is a job I know I'll love and am good at.

All in all, one of my new year resolutions is to stop letting fear prevent me from being happy.
Start looking at the coca-cola (good-happy) side of things instead of the bad and negative things.

So without further ado...

Make up !!!!

O_O
Yeah, I want to study and learn how to do make up. Not entirely sure how that works over here the only thing that I know is that if I manage to start it I will do my bestest to finish it.

I want to stop this trend of mine that I have of starting tons of stuff and not finishing or continuing them...

Who knows... Maybe I'll even get the chance to take photography classes in between. I don't know. I just want to feel alive again.
And if writing it all down here on the blog for anyone/everyone to see makes me feel happy then I'll do it.

Things are going to be changing a bit here on the blog.

1. I've been reading more New Adult than any other genre lately and I plan on remedy that. I'm not quite ready to give up on my Young Adult reads just yet.
2. I'm going to try to post weekly (at the very least) reviews or anything book related.
3. I'm now really into nail art so don't get freaked out if you see a nail art post or picture here and there.
4. I'm writing fan fiction AND a story/book. So maybe I'll post parts of it here and there to get some feedback :D
5. I've discovered the world of K-Pop and it's got a hold on me babe! Really. You might find a k-pop related post as well sometimes.
6. Make up. Wow. I've never been a make up kind of girl BUT for the last 5-6 months I've taken a liking to it. I just love all the art, study, concentration and fun that goes into doing someone's make up so I'm planning on learning XD
7. I've started to buy more eBooks than printed books, HELP ME!!!!! I NEED my printed books BUT when I see the amazon kindle daily deals or some sales here and there I cannot just NOT one-click them T_T


Basically what I'm trying to say is that I want to expand a bit more what the blog is about. Last year I didn't even read 50 books.
I want to change that but I also want to listen to more music or buy some new nail polishes while going on a book-buying trip ;D

Will you stick with me?

EVEN STILL!! Books are my babies! Don't think even for a second that I'm giving up on them at all!
And to prove you just that.

Here's what I've been reading these last couple of weeks.


Woohoo!!
Lorelei James is a favorite classic of mine. I love love love her writing and specially love her Rough Riders series.
I started reading her books back in 2011 and haven't stopped since. The last week of December I decided to reread the first 10 all over again to refresh my mind and be able to enjoy even more all the other ones that follow them.

So if you're in the mood to read some really sweet, steamy and rough around the edges kind of cowboy story, please PLEASE do yourself a favor and read the Rough Riders series by Lorelei James :D You won't regret it ;)

Until next time my lovely people.
-kisses-

Comments