-review- Dreams of Gods & Monsters by Laini Taylor


"You are a conniving, deceitful hussy. I stand in awe."
"You're sitting."
"I sit in awe."


Is it weird that I felt like I read the second book all over again while I was reading the first half (or a bit less) of this book?
Because it sure felt like that to me and that alone made me go a little crazy and get a bit bored sometimes but worry not...
Because author Laini Taylor writes, again, in such a way that even boredom isn't perceived as boring as one might think boredom is Hahahaha.

I'm not making any sense but that's because I feel like I just woke up from a dream that I've been dreaming for some days now.

Reading the whole trilogy back to back is a blessing and a curse at the same time.
Blessing because I can never get enough of the authors style of writing or Akiva and Karou and Mik and Zuze and Ziri and Liraz.
A curse because what do you do after this? What could possible come after delving into a world so full of magic and greed and love and betrayal and duty and fate and sadness and blood and death and hope a lot of hope.
What indeed can one do lol!?!

Seriously. I'm not even joking.
I have this life that I have to live... eat, work, errands... and it all seems so... so human and simple (which really?! It's not because hello anxiety haha) compared to everything in my mind... angels, demons, moons, sun, stars, stormhunters, above all stormhunters, I wish I could look up and catch a glimpse of one or at least its wings or better yet... feel the rush of wind when their wings pass.

Alas I'm here ok earth and I'll make do with gorgeous sunsets and oceans and people.

But it was so so good to be able to live in another world for a little while.

I can't believe it took me this long to finally read the entire trilogy but I'm still so very very thankful that I got to do it.
Thanks to the author for writing it.

While it wasn't the end I expected or wanted or anticipated.
It was still an ending.
I wish I knew more about this whole new theme the author just dumped on me almost at the end hahahahaha but oh well.

Twists and turns? Tears galore? Fights and war? Gods and light? Jael and darkness?
This book has it all.

And yeah... the book title KIND of was in the book but not exactly.

"We are the beginning... We always have been. This time, let it be more than a beginning."



4/5


Comments