-review- Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo


"I like to have powerful enemies. Makes me feel important."


I waited over a month for this book to finally get to me after reading the first one, I don't know what made me wait so long to read the first one but all that's in the past and I'm so very very happy I'm almost done with the trilogy.

It starts exactly where Shadow and Bone left off. Alina and Mal hiding and running but... Their luck runs out pretty soon, too soon for my liking. I felt like this book was a complete build-up for the third and final book, things just started happening one after the other, more power more secrets, more lies and more surprises, they all were the perfect combination for painful but extremely enjoyable heartbreak. I'm a goner for whenever something bad or sad happens in a book because then, I get to enjoy the happy parts that much more.

"I feel you slipping away from me, and I don't know how to stop it."


The Darkling, as always, gives just the right amount of savage power and mystery. Keeping me always on the edge of my seat waiting to see just what wicked part of his plan he might reveal next, he's gotten more powerful and even more dark, pun intended.

We get introduced to some new and fun characters that give the story a refreshing feeling AND ways of transport. I'm all for a little fun in/on the air you know.

The fight for control of Ravka is as strained as ever and having Mal in between it all is just too cruel.

I loved Mal most of all in this book, he's hurting so bad it's a miracle he hasn't lost his mind yet and the way he's treated by everyone just made me love him all the more for being a trooper and not giving up on the one person he cares about the most.

The ending was a killer, I hated it so much because it made me crave the third book so much more AND I could only imagine the horror that people who read it as the books were coming out felt when they knew how long they'd have to wait for them to get the final book, THANK GOD I ALREADY HAVE IT ALL SET AND READY TO GO!

"The less you say, the more weight your words will carry."


An amazing sequel to Shadow and Bone and an instant favorite!
I just did not like the fact that political fights and decision-making were kind of the main thing happening in the book and that just made me not enjoy it as much as I would've liked but worry not I still liked it ;)

I give this book,
4/5

4=genious crying.

Comments