-review- Eleventh Grave In Moonlight by Darynda Jones


(Spoiler Alert if you haven't read the previous books in the series)

-"When Shawn went to you, a weak, corrupted slut––"
"Slut?"
"––we knew what we had to do."
"I think slut is a tad strong."
"See, you aren't just any corrupted. You are his corrupted. His concubine. The Dark One's. The demon from hell."
"Promiscuous, maybe."
She kneeled again. "We were never after you."
"Wanton."
"We were after the abomination..."-

This book was so good...
Until it wasn't... which was about the time it finished...

Why would someone end a book in the way that this book ended is beyond me.

I was happy! I was in my happy place with my happy ending if somewhat bittersweet but I WAS HAPPY!
I was a happy person people!!!!!! And then Darynda just unceremoniously ripped out my heart, stomped on it, kicked it, and then proceeded to tear it apart... slowly... painfully... making sure I was conscious the entire time so I could never forget... I could never forget it was her and her words that left my in a state of complete heartless-ness.

But... like any other reading addict, I took it all like a champ, or more like a coward scared of reaching those finishing lines but hey! I tried ;)

-"Roda?" I asked, combining his name with Yoda's. He didn't find my sense of humor amusing. It happened.-

Things just keep getting better and better in the Davidson-Farrow household and WHAT a brother? Really?
I felt just like that one time Jeaniene Frost also came up with a brother for our precious Crispin only to meet the same end that this one here met. Like really? It doesn't get any meaner than that, destroy our feels why don't ya -_____-

And then there were all the other side stories starting with the cutting in the thighs! Going around the corner with the stalking taking a left at the maniac cult and ending with the cannibals all while loving dear Osh and Beep and praying with all my being that a series is coming for them both!!!

Who's with me?

-Part of me wanted to offer the celestial stalker a cup of joe, but I didn't want him to stick around. If Reyes found one of them in our apartment, he could come unglued. And gluing that man back together was not an easy task.-

Filled with blood, super super sexy times, out of this world-sexy times (no, literally. Out of this world of dimension whatever) some PI for good measure and middle-of-court- worship.

This is yet another splendid if a bit cruel addition to the Charley D series.

I want more, I need more, and I refuse to believe there are only a couple more books left in this series. What will I do with my life afterwards???!!!


10/5 special rating.

10(special rating for over-the-top-I'll-never-get-over-this book) =
I cried for things I didn't know possible I was capable of.



Comments

Post a Comment

I looove comments guys, LOOOONG awesome fun comments ;)
BUT don't ever be mean, disrespectful with neither authors, me, or each other ;)
That said...I do appreciate awards but I don't have the time to answer and do what I have to do to accept and pass on said award but THANK YOU SO MUCH for thinking of me that means TONS